Tuesday, December 19, 2006

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM


Well it's like the calm before the Christmas storm here in Colonial Heights. Mom is dong allot of cooking, dad is doing allot of cleaning and I have wrapped allot of presents getting ready for big family Christmas Eve get together here at the house. I did have to go down to the mall are yesterday and there were allot of people looking for the last minute gifts and I have got a feeling that it is going to get really bad down there on Friday and Saturday. In case you didn't notice I have added a Christmas clock at the top of the page just to get all you bloggers in the Christmas spirit. The UVA basketball team will be in action today in the San Juan Shootout against the Appalachian St. Mountaineers at 4pm. Last night in Monday night football the Colts beat the Bengals 34-16. I might have to switch the blogger over to a Beta version of blogger which might cause some minor changes. Blogger is now owned by Google and they are switching everything to a Beta version, so far they are giving you the option on whether you want to switch or not but I got a feeling in the future that they are going to make you switch to the new version. They say the new version is better but so far I have been reluctant to switch, what do yawl think, should I make the switch over. MICKEY

Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
Vince Lombardi

1843, Charles Dickens' classic Yuletide tale, ''A Christmas Carol,'' was first published in England.
1907, A coal mine explosion in Jacobs Creek, Pa., killed 239 workers.
1972, Apollo 17 splashed down in the Pacific, ending the Apollo program of manned lunar landings.
1998, President Bill Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives for perjury and obstruction of justice.

Singer-songwriter Charlie Ryan is 91
Country singer Little Jimmy Dickens is 86
Baseball hall-of-famer Al Kaline is 72
Actor Tim Reid is 62
Rock singer Alvin Lee (Ten Years After) is 62
Actress Elaine Joyce is 61
Singer Janie Fricke is 59
Basketball hall-of-famer Kevin McHale is 49
Actress Jennifer Beals is 43
Actor Robert McNaughton is 40
Actress Kristy Swanson is 37
Actress Alyssa Milano is 34
Actor Jake Gyllenhaal is 26
Actress Marla Sokoloff is 26

3 comments:

Claire said...

They keep asking me if I want to change the blog. I'm going to wait and see what you say. I just got use to this one.

Al said...

what kinda changes will this have on the blog?

bobby said...

Say it ain't so, Mick. Say it ain't so.The last time you changed the blog it took me a month before I could use it.