Tuesday, December 26, 2006

CHRISTMAS HAS COME AND GONE





Well Christmas has now come and gone for another year and from what I saw it looked like everybody had a pretty good time and probably ate a little to much. If you are not tired of turkey and ham yet there might be something wrong with you. As you an tell by the time I posted today's entry I am off today, I fell like I am working for the government getting a an extra day off. Well I have to say the prize for the biggest Christmas surprise was having Scott, Joy, Scottie and Dusty show up out the house on Christmas eve, nobody new they were coming and I don't think Scott decided they were coming until sometime Thursday. Well the Woodfin family left this morning on there way back to Georgia. I have posted a link below to Al's Christmas day photos. I guess all the stores will start there after Christmas sales today, you might want to stay away from the mall area again today, there will be allot of shoppers looking for a good deal. In a bit of a sports wrap up for the weekend the Redskins blew another game Sunday falling to the Rams in OT 37-31, the Skins should have won this game but the defense I thought played a very poor game. The Green Bay Packers still have a shot to make the playoffs going to the NFL's final week of the season, they have to have the Redskins beat the Giants Saturday night and then they have to beat the Bears on Sunday night, it could happen. I have added a countdown clock showing the amount time before first day of baseball practice as requested by several bloggers, it really not that far off. Also it appears mom is a bit under the weather this morning, I think she might of some type of flu. Well again I hope everybody had MERRY CHRISTMAS. MICKEY

CHRISTMAS DAY PHOTOS
http://public.fotki.com/bp2/family_photos/christmasday2006/

I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward. Thomas Edison

Beat the clock
By making physical activity a natural part of your day, you get all the benefits of exercise -- in a fraction of the time. Walk to an appointment. Take the stairs. Scrub the floor or your car. Leading an active life gives you many of the same benefits as structured exercise, and you don't have to "make time" to do it.

1776, The British suffered a major defeat in the Battle of Trenton during the Revolutionary War.
1865, James H. Nason of Franklin, Mass., received a patent for a coffee percolator.
1917, The U.S. government took over operation of the nation's railroads.
1974, Comedian Jack Benny died at age 80.
1986, TV’s longest-running drama was seen for the last time. Search for Tomorrow ended its 35-year run on television.
2004, a tsunami triggered by a powerful earthquake beneath the Indian Ocean left more than 216,000 people dead or missing, mostly in southern Asia.

Actor Richard Widmark is 92
Rhythm-and-blues singer Abdul ''Duke'' Fakir (The Four Tops) is 71
''America's Most Wanted'' host John Walsh is 61
Country musician Bob Carpenter (The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band) is 60
Baseball Hall of Fame catcher Carlton Fisk is 59
Former baseball player Chris Chambliss is 58
Baseball hall-of-famer Ozzie Smith is 52
Governor of Virginia Tim Kaine is 50
Actress Nadia Dajani is 41
Country singer Audrey Wiggins is 39
Rock singer Chris Daughtry (''American Idol'') is 27

3 comments:

Al said...

today is my regular day off but i can feel how those cushie goverment guys feel now being that today is my 4th day off!!

the woodfins left at 9 :05 this morning! i'm sure it was a whirlwind trip for them and i hope they enjoyed it, we did!!

Al said...

Mom, just remember, Mickey chooses the photos he posts on the blog, not your loving daughter and son-in-law! (I wonder how many people know that Elliott Yamine is on that apron, not one of your children or grandchildren!)
So sorry to hear that Claire is sick.
Thanks to the Woodfin Family for a special kind of Christmas cheer. I've always loved surprises!
By the way....this is Donna, but Al was already logged on and I don't feel like changing that and retyping! I'm on vacation, ya know.

Melanie said...

Claire - I hope you feel better soon!! Christmas Eve was a great success again - the Goulder family did a great job!

I just want to thank Scottie for showing me the hair pulling move - It may come in handy some day!