Wednesday, December 27, 2006

FORMER PRESIDENT GERALD FORD



Gerald Ford, the 38th President of the United States, died Tuesday night at the age of 93. Ford, who played on Michigan's 1932 and '33 national championship football teams, was the longest living president. Well after being off from work for 4 days I am heading back to work today, it was a much needed break. The Richmond Renegades will be back in action tonight at home against the Fayetteville FireAntz, team owner Allan B Harvie will be coaching the Renegades tonight since coach John Brophy has been suspended for getting second ejection of the season Saturday night. There is a bit of a rivalry brewing with the FireAntz. I am also a bit sore this morning from taking a bloggers table back to his house yesterday morning, my neck and shoulder are a bit sore. I have posted a photo of me the blog master in my new hat that I got for Christmas from Keith, Andrew and Maureen. I think I might start selling Mickey's Place merchandise. MICKEY

I know I am getting better at golf because I am hitting fewer spectators.
Gerald R. Ford

Buy local produce
It's not only a matter of hometown pride -- it's a way to maximize nutritional benefit. When produce in the grocery store has traveled a great distance, nutrients break down due to exposure to light, time, etc. Your next best bet is frozen fruit and vegetables; freezing preserves the nutrients.

1831, British naturalist Charles Darwin set out on a voyage to the Pacific Ocean aboard the HMS Beagle. Darwin's discoveries during the voyage helped formed the basis of his theories on evolution.
1932, Radio City Music Hall opened in New York City.
1946, The American team won the Davis Cup for the first time since 1938
1947, The children's TV program ''Howdy Doody'' debuted on NBC.
1968, The Breakfast Club signed off for the last time on ABC radio, after 35 years on the air.
1970, ''Hello, Dolly!'' closed on Broadway after a run of 2,844 performances.

Rockabilly musician Scotty Moore is 75
Western swing musician John Hughey (The Time Jumpers) is 73
Actor John Amos is 67
ABC News correspondent Cokie Roberts is 63
Rock musician David Knopfler (Dire Straits) is 54
Country musician Jeff Bryant is 44
Actress Eva LaRue is 40
Singer Olu is 33
Football player Deuce McAllister is 28
Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer is 27
Actress Emilie de Ravin is 25

5 comments:

Claire said...

I think I would buy a hat from Mickey Place.

Tammy said...

I would most definately buy a hat. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Glad to see the baseball clock!

Melanie said...

I'd buy a hat!

Tammy said...

Hey Mel! See you soon at the Stadium!! 54 days!

Al said...

i think you need some mickeys place sweatshirts!