Sunday, May 31, 2009

VIRGINIA WINS AGAIN, ECU FALLS TO SOUTH CAROLINA



The Virginia Cavalier baseball continued there winning ways last night beating Cal Irvine 5-0 behind another great pitching performance by Danny Hultzen and the Cavalier bullpen. The Cavalier defense turned several key double plays in the game and the Cavs offense rose to the occasion when they had to, the Cavs will play again tonight at 11pm just needing to win 1 more game to advance to the Super Regionals. The ECU Pirates didn't fair as well last night falling to South Carolina 12-2, the Pirates now have to beat Binghamton this afternoon and beat South Carolina to advance to the Super Regionals. I was going to todays games at ECU but after yesterdays long day and not knowing what time that I would get home tonight and staying up to 2am to watch the Virginia game I won't be making the trip today. Also in the NCAA baseball tournament last night Texas and Boston College played the longest baseball game in Div I history when Texas beat Boston College 3-2 in 25 innings, I am glad I was not at the game. The Detroit Red Wings beat Pittsburgh last night 3-1 to take a 1-0 series lead in the Stanley Cup Finals, they will play game 2 tonight. The Nascar Nextel Cup Series will race at Dover this afternoon, David Reutimann will start on the pole with Kasey Kahne joining him on the front row. My PAIN index is up this morning just because I am tired. MICKEY

No comments: