Thursday, June 29, 2006

SCOTT'S NEW PHONE





Well I talked to Scott last night on his new phone and I have to say my ear is still ringing, that phone sounded like it was about 5 times as loud as his old one. I had to put it about 2 inches from my ear it was so loud. Scott only has two more nights of driving before he goes on two week vacation and from the sounds of it he is ready for a vacation. We were washed out again yesterday on Appomattox baseball action last night because the field was still unplayable because of the rain over the last few days, all these rainouts are not good for us because we just don't have enough pitching to play 6 or 8 games a week. Since Scott and family will be heading to the beach real soon I thought would post an old photo Scott on a previous trip to the beach eating breakfast and it appears he was very hungry that morning. MICKEY


Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness; no laziness; no procrastination; never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
Lord Chesterfield

On June 29, 1776, the Virginia state constitution was adopted, and Patrick Henry made governor.

Baseball hall-of-famer Harmon Killebrew is 70
Comedian Richard Lewis is 59
Football hall-of-famer Dan Dierdorf is 57

9 comments:

Al said...

thats a classic photo there!!! i see 4 dougnuts, did you eat any more beofre this photo was taken? did you and mickey go to the walmart to get those?

donna said...

Ahh, the breakfast of champions! Gosh, when I first looked at that photo, I thought it was Lee!
OK, single digit on the countdown, now I'm getting nervous!!!!!!

Melanie said...

the chocolate donuts at the beach were the best. now i know why we never had enough to go around - Scott ate them all.

Melanie said...

on other thing - check out the shorts- nice purple

Al said...

thanks for pointing those out mel. the last time saw goofy looking shorts like that was when george went to southside speedway with me and he was wearing matching jams shoes and shorts that looke very similar to the ones scott has on!!! i wish i had a picture of george that night!!!! don't try to tell everybody here at micks place that is didn't happen either george!!!

Al said...

thank god!!!

Keith said...

Scott didn't eat all those doughnuts. He just demonstrating to the public how they put the holes in them. He's really quite talented.

Melanie said...

and i guess you are wearing a sleeping hat and shirt too.... try again.

George said...

Al also got me sick because he put the ac on in the car going home and it was probably 40 degrees outside for some reason that night. Al also told me dont wear shorts but I did. Al was right. That was part of my Jr high fad. I also loved the chocolate doughtnuts at the beach. But watching Mickey try to order the doughnuts was a real treat.