Wednesday, March 15, 2006

COLONIALS COME OUT SWINGING




The CH baseball team came out swinging yesterday in scoring 14 runs in the 1st inning enroute to 23-3 vitory over Geenville County in 5 innings. The Colonials racked up 17 hits in just 4 innings, Erik Loftis and Kyle Mears homered for the Colonials. I have posted a few photos that Al took at the game of Erik and Kyle after there HR's and a photo me me with our new team mascot the " Goose ". The Colonials are off the rest of the week, we have games with Brunswick and L.C. Bird next week. In other games involving CD teams yesterday Mancherster 17 Meadowbrook 5 and Benedictine 10 Hopewell 5. The CH girls soccer team defeated Powhatan 3-2 and the softball team also won beating Greenville 8-1. The Virginia Cavaliers lost to Stanford last night 65-49 in the NIT. MICKEY

"I love doubleheaders. That way I get to keep my uniform on longer."
Tommy Lasorda

In 1820, Maine became the 23rd state.

Former astronaut Alan L. Bean is 74
Actress Eva Longoria is 31
Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is 73

No comments: