Saturday, May 21, 2011

I AM AT THE BEACH, VIRGINIA DROPS ANOTHER

Well after not being at the beach the last several months I have finally mad it back down here and it looks like it is going to be nice weekend here in Kill Devil Hills.  One reason I came down here was to see if my digital scanner would pick up Dare County's new radio system but so far it hasn't so I guess I will make a trip over to Radio Shack to see if there is anybody there that knows what they are doing with this type of scanner.  The Virginia baseball team has picked a bad time to go into a bit of a slump dropping a 2nd straight game to North Carolina last night 2-1 and today the Tar Heels will go for the sweep of the Cavs something which has not been said to often over the last few years.  In the NHL Playoffs last night San Jose beat Vancouver 4-3 and now trail the series 2-1.  Tonight in Charlotte the they will the Nascar All Star Race and I am quite sure there will be some tempers flaring for sure and I think a punch or two might be thrown as well.  Well I guess I better get ready to go for a run.  MICKEY

Today's Birthdays: Rhythm-and-blues singer Ron Isley (The Isley Brothers) is 70. Rock musician Hilton Valentine (The Animals) is 68. Actor Richard Hatch ("Battlestar Galactica") is 66. Musician Bill Champlin is 64. Singer Leo Sayer is 63. Actress Carol Potter is 63. Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) is 60. Actor Mr. T is 59. Music producer Stan Lynch is 56. Actor Judge Reinhold is 54. Actor-director Nick Cassavetes is 52. Actor Brent Briscoe is 50. Actress Lisa Edelstein is 45. Actress Fairuza Balk is 37. Rapper Havoc (Mobb Deep) is 37. Actress Ashlie Brillault is 24. Actor Scott Leavenworth is 21. Actress Sarah Ramos is 20.

“Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.”
--Anonymous

No comments: