Friday, May 06, 2011

ANOTHER TOUGH LOSS, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOY

Well I thought Tuesdays loss was a tough one to take, well after last nights game I think I feel even worst.  After falling behind 2-0 in the top of the 1st inning we got 5 runs in the bottom of the 1st inning and 1 more run in the bottom of the 2nd inning to take a 6-2 lead over Matoaca only not to score again the rest of the game.  Matoaca kept chipping away at the lead until the ties at 6-6 and we able to win it in the 8th 11-6.  We simply gave this game away, drop fly balls, wild pitches, and only 1 hit after the 2nd inning.  We beat ourselves last night thats for sure and sometimes I just don't think we don't now how to win ans sometimes I think we have accepted losing but I can tell you I haven't.  I could probably say whole lot more but I think I better keep my mouth shut on the rest of my comments.  Today is Joy Woodfin's birthday HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOY, MICKEY

No one can defeat us unless we first defeat ourselves. Dwight Eisenhower

Today's Birthdays: Baseball Hall-of-Famer Willie Mays is 80. Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., is 77. Rock singer Bob Seger is 66. Singer Jimmie Dale Gilmore is 66. Gospel singer-comedian Lulu Roman is 65. Actor Alan Dale is 64. Actor Ben Masters is 64. Actor Gregg Henry is 59. Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair is 58. TV personality Tom Bergeron is 56. Actress Roma Downey is 51. Rock singer John Flansburgh (They Might Be Giants) is 51. Actor George Clooney is 50. Actor Clay O'Brien is 50. Rock singer-musician Tony Scalzo (Fastball) is 47. Actress Leslie Hope is 46. Rock musician Mark Bryan (Hootie and the Blowfish) is 44. Rock musician Chris Shiflett (Foo Fighters) is 40. Actress Adrianne Palicki is 28. Actress Gabourey Sidibe (GA'-bah-ray SIH'-duh-bay) is 28.

2 comments:

Al said...

happy birthday joy!!!!

Al said...

and that was a great game till the 5th when the wheels fell off the ch bus!