Thursday, November 16, 2006

WILD WEATHER POSSIBLE IN CH AND AT THE BEACH



There is a chance of some pretty will weather here in CH and at the beach today. The National Weather Service has issued a Tornado Watch for both places until 11am this morning and there is a pretty good chance for some t-storms as well. The wind woke me up about 3am this morning and it blew pretty hard for a few hours but has since died down a bit. The rest of the leaves that are on the trees might fall today. Well guess what I did last night? Well I guess you can tell be the photo, I wrapped all the Christmas presents that I have so far, I still have to buy a few more though. As a result of wrapping those presents I now have a sore back, I did take some Advil this morning so hopefully the soreness well wear off soon. The Richmond Renegades will be back in action tonight against the Florida Seals in Kissimmee, Florida the will also play the Seals Friday night as well. Also just a quick reminder Thanksgiving is just one week from today. MICKEY

Though no-one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.
Author Unknown

TODAYS ZINGER
Easy is the enemy of ambition.

Mirror, mirror...
Ever wonder why health clubs have all those mirrors? No, it's not for vanity's sake! The mirrors are there to assure you're maintaining proper form when exercising. You're not being a narcissist when you position yourself in front of the mirror; pay careful attention to see you're doing the exercise right. If you are uncertain as to how to perform an exercise, don't hesitate to ask for help.

1864, Union Gen. William T. Sherman and his troops began their ''March to the Sea'' during the Civil War.
1907, Oklahoma became the 46th state.
1982, An agreement was announced in the 57th day of a strike by National Football League players.
2004, President George W. Bush picked National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice to be his new secretary of state, succeeding Colin Powell.

Blues musician Hubert Sumlin is 75
Journalist Elizabeth Drew is 71
Actor Steve Railsback is 61
Actress Marg Helgenberger is 48
Country singer-musician Keith Burns (Trick Pony) is 43
Tennis player Zina Garrison is 43
Actress Lisa Bonet is 39
Actress Tammy Lauren is 38
Olympic gold medal figure skater Oksana Baiul is 29
Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal is 29
Actress Kimberly J. Brown is 22

6 comments:

Al said...

donna is going to love the picture of all the christmas gifts all wrapped up! kinda like she loves the countdown clock to christams at the top of the site.

Melanie said...

Mick - will you be my personal shopper? I haven't even thought about Christmas presents!

Al said...

i've got some but i have plenty more to get and none of them are wrapped!

Claire said...

HAHA I better start my shopping.

Al said...

he probably did but didn't want us to know since he already owned up to 1 christmas wrapping injury already!

donna said...

I, too, have wrapped all the gifts I've bought.......NONE! My first official day of Christmas shopping is usually the day before Thanksgiving. I'm not worried yet!