Wednesday, August 02, 2006

ANDREW'S TEAM HOLDS ON FOR VICTORY

Andrew's LL team the Central Chesterfield All Stars held on for 13-10 win last night against the Chesterfield Knights. Central Chesterfield built a big lead but the defense in the 6th inning was difference in them holding on for the victory. They will play again thursday night at 8pm on the softball field at the Robiuos Athletic Complex. CH will be back in action against Manchester in the semifinals of the Appomattox League playoffs, the game will be played at Hopewell High School and gametime is set for 8pm as far as I know. I didn't get quite as hot as they thought yesterday it did make it to 98 but not quite the century mark, however they weather experts do think it will hit 100 today with a heat index of 110-115. My day was going pretty good yesterday until I found out that Cingular wants to charge me an xtra $5 a month on my cell phone bill because my phone is old, I will have to decide whether or not I am willing to pay that surcharge or not, I might just do away with my cell phone or switch companies I will have to decide pretty soon one way or another. I will definitely checkout the plans of other cell phone providers, stay cool today. MICKEY

Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
Chinese Proverb

1876 Frontiersman ''Wild Bill'' Hickok was shot and killed while playing poker at a saloon in Deadwood, S.D.
1923 President Warren G. Harding died of a heart attack at age 57.

Country singer Hank Cochran is 71
Singer Andrew Gold is 55
Actor Butch Patrick ("The Munsters") is 53
Actress Victoria Jackson(''Saturday Night Live'') is 47
Baseball player Tim Wakefield is 40

1992 Jim Whaley, TV host (Cinema Showcase), dies of heart attack at 44
1979 Thurmon Munson, New York Yankee, killed in a plane crash at Akron Oh at 32

4 comments:

bobby said...

Andrew's game got off to a rough start when a bird above the tree we were standing under relieved himself on Mickey's arm forcing us to move our position. After that it was a hot evening with good results. Andrew made a great catch of a fly ball to right field. Every out proved important leading to his team's victory. GO #10.... GO ANDREW

Claire said...

Way to go Andrew

donna said...

I'm sorry we've missed so much great baseball action. We're trying to get a house ready to sell! Keep up the good work, Andrew!
Hey, Mickey, maybe they won't charge you since you rarely even turn your phone on!

Al said...

i say just cancell your service and just carry the phone around like you do now cause like donna said you don't cut it on anyway!

go job andrew!!!